Dark Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:29 am
Information
» Rules
» Humans
» Werewolves
» Shifters
» Dragons
» Vampires
» Fae
Cbox
Latest topics
» Irish Eyes
Dive Right In - Page 4 Emptyby Kythen Lyaer Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:07 pm

» The End of the Beginning
Dive Right In - Page 4 Emptyby Nowe Veleno Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 am

» Cowboy Casanova v2.0
Dive Right In - Page 4 Emptyby Kythen Lyaer Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 pm

» Dive Right In
Dive Right In - Page 4 Emptyby Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:23 am

» Hide In Plain Sight...
Dive Right In - Page 4 Emptyby Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Dive Right In

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

Full Name : Nowe Zavier Veleno
Race : Vampire

Dive Right In - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Nowe was acutely aware of the way the blood flowed to where he was injured as he drank. He knew the bruises that had been only faintly visible before would darken and become more pronounced. They also hurt more and he made a soft growling sound when the ones on his face started to throb, not to mention the intensified pain in his chest and shoulder. But he didn't stop, knowing that the pain meant he was healing.

Of course, it seemed like only seconds before Reaper was pushing him away gently though it was longer than that. He smiling as he licked the blood from his lips and considered the faint trickle of blood that was coming from the two neat holes in Reaper's neck. "You're still bleeding." He commented, bringing his gaze back to the Fallen before settling in and resting his head on the Fae's shoulder. "Are we okay now? You're not still mad at me are you?" He questioned, tempted to close his eyes and rest there for awhile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:26 am

"Eh." Reaper waved off the comment about him still bleeding, turning his head a bit to press his cheek against his love's head. "It'll stop in a little while. I've had worse." In the moment the other was quiet, he closed his eyes, enjoying the feel of the man curled up against him. Trailing his fingers as lightly as possible down the other's side, he allowed himself to think back on the day's events, sighing quietly to himself. Despite what the Vampire had told him, he still blamed himself for what happened to Twister. And now he was beginning to wonder exactly why he was so upset over it. He had destroyed towns and villages before, had killed people with no remorse. He'd even beaten some of his siblings senseless and left them behind as bloody messes... What had changed? When Nowe spoke up again, the Fallen opened his eyes and looked up at the ceiling for a moment, letting his silence turn thoughtful. "I suppose we are. But I am still mad at you for now." He turned to be able to place a gentle kiss on the other's head, a small smile on his face despite his words. He was still peeved, but he wasn't really angry anymore. The man would be able to tell the difference in his voice, if he paid close enough attention.

It wasn't until later, once they both were nearly asleep, did Reaper decide to stir. As comfortable as he was holding Nowe here, they would both be in quite a bit of pain the next day if neither of them slept in an actual bed. Being as careful and gentle as possible, he lifted the Vampire in his arms bridal style and waited a moment to get his balance. He peered at the man and offered one of his rare full smiles. Hugging the other closer to him, he carted him off to their room and settled on the bed, allowing sleep to claim him after he was curled up on his side. The dream he would have that night was the first of many, many to come, and though it wouldn't be apparent was started it, should the assassin decide to join the dream, he would be greeted by a violent sight.

Zach stood facing his other self on the shoreline, his hands gripped tightly around a teal-colored scythe nearly identical to the one he normally carried, a large gash along one of his cheeks. The crimson-winged Fallen opposing him gave a low noise similar to a growl and gripped his bloody red scythe tighter, feinting to the side before darting forward and slashing at the other. The kinder-side gave an alarmed cry and dove out of the way, missing Reaper's blade by mere inches. "Just go away!" He shouted at his other self, tears running down his cheeks. "I hate you! Just disappear!" The boy turned and lashed out with the scythe he was carrying, aiming to knock the other off-balance rather than actually hurt him. The Death Angel cursed and flipped out of the way, his wings flaring behind him. "I can't just disappear, meat puppet!" He growled in response, neither side seeming to realize that the Vampire was there with them again.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:35 pm

When Reaper turned his head, it effectively blocked Nowe's view of the blood on his neck. Not that it mattered much. Nowe could still smell the blood. But he was well fed enough that the scent wasn't as bothersome as it would have been before he'd fed. At any rate, he settled in and made himself comfortable on Reaper's lap. He was sore, at lot more than he'd have expected to be, and just sitting there was a lot more appealing than moving. Apparently he'd been hurt worse than he'd thought if he didn't want to move. At any rate, he frowned at bit at Reaper's answer to his question and considered moving away. But he was warm and comfortable right where he was. And if Reaper was really that mad at him, he'd have dumped him on the floor and walked away. Not to mention he was pretty sure Reaper wouldn't have let him bite if he was still mad. So, in some roundabout logic rather than an conscious effort to figure it out, Nowe knew Reaper wasn't mad at him. At least not as much as he'd been before.

After awhile, when Nowe was drifting in that weird state of half-awareness just before the deathlike sleep of vampires overtook him, Reaper decided to move and jolted Nowe into wakefulness without warning. Something to which Nowe responded with a startled growl and a glare for his love. At least until Reaper smiled at him, at which point a reluctant half-smile answered the Fallen and Nowe rested his head on Reaper's shoulder as he was carried upstairs. Being fully awake, however, Nowe didn't stay in the bed when Reaper placed him there. Instead he slid off and headed for the dresser and his pajamas. By the time he was changed and ready to settle back in, Reaper had already drifted off and Nowe settled in next to him.

He wasn't sure how long he lie there listening to the beat of Reaper's heart and the steady rhythm of his breathing. But there was a subtle shift in things, minute changes that only those with sharper senses would notice. Nowe knew them from having watched Zach and Reaper sleep before. Reaper was dreaming. Curiosity, as before, had him gently shift Reaper's shirt so he could slide a hand under and rest it against the Fallen's scars. He wasn't sure how it worked but he knew that by touching Reaper's scars he could sometimes be transported into the Fallen's dreams.

This time was one of the times he got lucky.

And he immediately had to wonder if he really wanted to be there right then. For a while, he couldn't move. He could only watch as the two halves of Reaper's soul battled each other. He didn't know what to do. Could he choose a side? What effect would it have if he stepped in? What effect would it have if he didn't and one of them died? Could they die? Too many questions without answers spun through his head but he knew he couldn't just stand there. Though he knew he was putting himself in danger by doing so, he moved toward the battling angels and grabbed Reaper's hand before he could retaliate to Zach's attack. "Stop! Right now. Both of you stop it! Put away your weapons." He snapped, not releasing Reaper and focusing his gaze on Zach. If Zach chose to try and attack, Nowe would stop him. If Reaper tried to get away, Nowe would refuse to let go. If they wanted to continue their fight they'd have to risk seriously hurting him to do it. Which was why he was sincerely hoping he'd done the right thing.

If he didn't, he just had to hope he couldn't die in Reaper's dreams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:35 am

The Vampire had chosen the right time to intervene. Reaper was just raising his scythe to lash out at his other self when the hand grabbed him, and he let loose a startled noise as he instinctively stepped back. A similar reactiong was earned from the lighter half of the Angel, though instead of stepping back, he more or less fell right on his backside. The boy winced, then stared wide-eyed at the man who stood between them. "N-Nowe...? What are you doing...?" The innocent side asked, his voice wavery and quiet. The more violent side merely yanked on his hand, his lip twitching as he fought a sneer directed towards his love. "This doesn't concern you... Step out of the way." A pause, then a more quietly added, "Please..." Followed. He didn't use the soft look like he usually did when he wanted something; this time it was closer to an urgency. "He's trying to get rid of me." The accusation was apparently spot on, judging by the way the other half looked away. Their feathers were littered around from where they'd been fighting for a while, and both halves sported injuries.

It would be the more innocent half that would back down first, however. The teal colored scythe more or less dissolved into a mist of the same color, and he hung his head as he curled up. Reaper's scythe shrunk until it became a crystal once more, and he tugged on his hand with a pointed look towards Nowe. "Fine... Fine. I'll put it away. Let go of me first." It was fortunate for the Vampire that both halves loved him too much to do much intentional damage to him, but though he stopped the fight itself, a verbal fight was sure to break out soon if he didn't get them talking to him.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:06 am

Nowe couldn't help the flash of anger that flickered across his features and settled in his eyes as he glared at the angel he had a hold of. "Doesn't concern me?" He hissed, moved to stand more in between the two though not letting go of Reaper. "I will not step aside and let you two tear each other apart." He added, his voice still simmering with anger at the very thought that Reaper would think he'd just step aside and watch them hurt each other. The explanation Reaper gave only earned him a cold look. Clearly that outcome was exactly what Nowe was trying to stop and the fact Reaper apparently couldn't see that made Nowe want to smack him upside the head.

When both weapons were gone, or as gone as they could be, Nowe relaxed ever so slightly. Except that he didn't release Reaper right away when prompted to do so. Instead he held out one hand and gave a pointed look to the crystal he held. "Hand it over. I don't trust either of you with weapons right now." He stated firmly, glancing at Zach though it appeared he no longer had access to whatever weapon he'd been using. "You too if you've still got your crystal or whatever you were using." He added. Once he was satisfied that the weapons were safely where they couldn't be used, he let go of Reaper and took a few steps away and to the side where he could look at them both.

He was quiet for a long moment and it was clear he was far from happy. Since it was apparent that Zach had started things, Nowe turned more toward him. "Start talking. I want to know what got into you. Why are you trying to get rid of Reaper?" He questioned, though if Reaper thought he was off the hook he was sorely mistaken. Instead Nowe turned on him next. "What did you do to upset him? One of you better answer and now. I want to know why you're trying to kill each other." Folding his arms across his chest and scowling now, Nowe glanced from one to the other waiting for one of them to answer. And Heaven help them if they started fighting again. Clearly Nowe was in no mood to deal with them and would quite happily give them both a good beating if it came down to another physical fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 am

"I don't have a crystal... I was using Brio's..." Zach mumbled, looking away from Nowe when the man glanced his way. He wasn't sure how he managed to tap into his twin's power enough to snag his scythe, but it had come to him when he'd needed it. That's all that mattered at the moment. The boy backed up slightly, just enough that his hand settled down into the water, which made him jump a bit. He almost visibly flinched when the Vampire looked to him again, and he bit his lip a bit for a long moment, trying to figure out exactly how to begin. Having had his crystal taken from him, Reaper wasn't in a much better state, though he wasn't about to stand down and cower like a kicked puppy. When the man glowered at him, he was met with a calm gaze in return, though there would be hurt visible in his eyes. "I didn't do anything, believe it or not. I was trying to talk to the kid." He jerked his chin towards the other as a way of gesturing, and sighed when the innocent-half nearly curled up in response.

Reaper rubbed hard at his face with his free hand, giving Nowe a half-lidded look between his fingers. "In my defense, I wasn't trying to kill him. I was defending myself. Only reason the Meat Puppet had a cut on his cheek was cause he caused it himself. Knicked himself on that Life scythe he had." Zachariel chose that moment to look up and wrap his arms around himself, slowly getting to his feet and shaking his head at the Vampire. "He shouldn't exist... And I don't want him here." It looked like he was going to say more, but he looked away, hugging himself in an effort to stop shaking. The Death Angel scowled at the other half, then sighed and looked down. "Actually... I think I might have upset him by accident... I hadn't meant to."

The other half's head shot up again and he stared at the dark side, looking like he didn't believe him. "You told me that Nowe loves us both, but that he could relate better to you. How is that -not- intended?" He asked quietly, his eyes still wide as saucers.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:33 am

Zach got the slightest of questioning looks when he said he'd been using Brio's scythe but Nowe left the comment alone. He might ask about it later but right then his primary concern was trying to figure out what was going on. He did feel a little bad for accusing Reaper when he saw the hurt in his eyes but under the circumstances he could hardly be blamed for being angry and saying what he did. He kept quiet as Reaper continued and looked to Zach when it was clear Reaper had finished saying what he had to say for a moment. And Zach's words came as a bit of a shock. Not so much the fact the Zach didn't want Reaper there but the fact he seemed quite a bit more adamant about it this time than he had any other time he'd said anything of the sort.

When Reaper spoke up again Nowe frowned at him but before he could say anything Zach spoke up in response to what the angel had said and suddenly the problem became quite clear to the vampire. They were fighting over him. It was something of an odd feeling, knowing that he, however indirectly, was the cause of their fight. How to fix it was another matter entirely. If it looked like he was taking Reaper's side that would only upset Zach more, if it looked like he was taking Zach's side it would hurt Reaper. Rubbing his face a bit he glanced at Reaper and gave him an apologetic look. Stealing a glance at Zach, Nowe moved toward Reaper and spoke quietly to him. "Will you be angry with me if I ask you to leave for a little while? I don't want to but I need to find out what's wrong with Zach..." He trailed off and glanced back at Reaper's other half before shaking his head. No. He really didn't want to ask Reaper to leave if he didn't have to. "Stay a moment Reaper, let's see if Zach will talk to both of us." He said, moving away from the Angel and toward Zach.

He settled down near the water about halfway between the two angels and motioned to Zach and Reaper. "Come and sit with me both of you. And no arguments please. I think all three of us need to be here." He said, glancing more toward Zach as he said the last. If Zach really wanted to put up a fight, however, he'd ask Reaper to leave for a bit but he was hoping they could all talk for a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 2:29 am

The apologetic look was met with a still faintly hurt look, though judging by the small, almost inexistant smile that was flashed, the hurt wasn't directed towards Nowe. No, Reaper was mostly upset by the fact that his other half thought he should never have existed. He was nothing, simply a shadow cast by the light. Should he just leave? The Death Angel looked around, his wings rustling softly against his back as he contemplated whether or not he should make an exit. The Vampire's words only sought to drive him closer to that decision, and he was about to take a step away when the man spoke up again. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose and plopped down, looking almost expectantly at his innocent side and frowning when it looked like the Fae wanted to bolt. "I know you think I shouldn't exist, but just...please. Nowe is asking us to just talk. I won't get too close..." He looked away to hide the frustration and hurt in his eyes, gritting his teeth slightly as he waited.

It took a moment, but Zach edged a bit closer, looking between the Vampire and the Death Fae for a long minute before kneeling. When it became clear that Reaper wasn't about to lunge forward, he sat down, curling up and resting his cheek on his arm as he peered back at the other two. He bit his lip and all but hid his face, leaving just enough of a space to be able to watch them. "Okay..." The boy finally murmured, his voice quiet. He didn't want to talk to that other half. He didn't want the violent half to exist, much less have a conversation. But it wasn't as if he would be able to get out of this little meeting, so he may as well try and talk... For Nowe, at least. He wouldn't do this for the other's benefit, and the last thing he wanted to do was accept him. With luck, the assassin would be able to change that outlook.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Once he had both Reaper and Zach settled on either side of him, Nowe considered his next move. This talk was to be more with Zach than with Reaper. And as tired and sore as he was (why couldn't he be healed in Zach's dream world?) he wanted to lean on something. Unfortunately, there weren't very many options. Shifting so he was facing Zach more, Nowe edge backward until his back rested against Reaper's shoulder and he sighed a bit as he was able to relax ever so slightly. He did not, however, make any other moves to be closer to Reaper or to invite Reaper to do anything more than sit there and be a leaning post. But if Zach wanted to have an issue with it he'd feel the sharp side of Nowe's tongue for it. He was tired, he was sore and he was grouchy. If he wanted to lean on Reaper while he talked to Zach he was going to do so whether Zach liked it or not.

He was quiet for a moment longer as he let himself get comfortable and he closed his eyes briefly as he tried to figure out just where to start. "I'd like to know how this whole argument started. I know a bit but not the whole story." He opened his eyes to look at Zach and canted his head a bit to the side. "Why do you think Reaper shouldn't exist?" That was the real question he wanted answered. There had to be some underlying reason that Zach thought Reaper shouldn't exist (and he had a suspicion that jealousy was a large part of it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:48 am

Reaper, having watched Nowe scoot towards him, only served to shift his position ever so slightly, giving the Vampire most of his shoulder and some of his back to allow for easier resting. His wings fanned out slightly in response, which wasn't something he could completely control. Crimson eyes flickered over to Zach, and he frowned seeing the slight hurt in his eyes. "Zachariel... Look at him. He's hurt. It's nothing personal." But the boy was already shaking his head, his wings furling close to his back. "It's not that. It's that he's hurt at all..." The other all but whispered, casting his green gaze to the water and watching it lap gently at the shore. Things were quiet for a while as the three sat in near silence, but when the man spoke up again, the Death Angel turned a bit to be able to look at him. Feeling the man's eyes on him, the gentle side bit his lip and shook his head, not out of refusal but more or a way to clear his head a bit. "He said he could understand you better and that you two were close." A jerk of his chin would indicate the violent half, and he looked down.

"I figured that meant that you two were better suited for each other..." The Death Fae frowned and opened his mouth to say something, when Zach cut him off. "He shouldn't exist because he has no purpose... He shouldn't exist because he is a thing made of hatred and pain, and I'm not... I'm not him..." But in other words, yes, he was mostly just jealous. He was just floundering to try and find a reason why he should dislike the other so much. It wasn't coming easily to him though, and it would be apparent by the way his gaze kept returning to the water, and from the way he curled up more.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 am

Nowe opened his eyes just a smidge when Reaper spoke to Zach and was ready to grumble out some response but Zach didn't seem terribly offended by his choice to lean on Reaper, more the fact he needed anything to lean on at all. "It was my own fault. I was too hungry....too weak. It will not happen again." Which probably wasn't exactly what was in Zach's head but Nowe didn't really feel like getting into the technicalities of why he'd gotten hurt and by whom. Or the fact he'd let Reaper beat him up earlier. None of which matter to him now. It was done and over with, he'd had enough of Reaper's blood that the worst of the injuries should be healed in a day or so. He would be fine. There was no reason for Zach to be upset. Well...at least not over the fact Nowe was hurt. There were plenty of other reasons for him to be upset about other things, one of which they were going to get to the bottom of if Nowe had any say in the matter. Of course, at Zach's words he knew that wouldn't be easy to do.

He was quiet after Zach spoke, trying to figure out how to word his response so that it didn't make things worse. Because what he'd said about Reaper was true. Nowe did understand him better. But that didn't mean that he cared any less about Zach. At least, not in the way Zach was apparently thinking. "Zach..." He sighed and glanced over his shoulder in Reaper's direction when Zach spoke again. When he finally trailed off, Nowe sat up (albeit very reluctantly) and moved over to Zach. With a slight apologetic look to Reaper he slid and arm around the innocent half of Zach's soul and gave him a sort of half hug. "I don't....know how to really reply that will make you feel any better." He gave Zach a gentle squeeze and tried to organize his thoughts. "I love you, Zach. That is first and foremost what I need you to know and to remember. I love you. But I love Reaper too. You are two halves of the same whole. I could not imagine having one without the other." But there was more and this was the part Nowe was worried about harming Zach more than making him understand. "I know you are not Reaper. He is anger and pain and darkness while you are goodness and innocence and light. But light cannot exist without dark nor dark without light. You told me once each dark angel had a light half...why do you think that is?" He questioned, mulling over his next words a moment before trying to explain why it seemed like he liked Reaper better or more than Zach.

"Vampires are creatures of shadow and darkness. And I am no exception. I don't know who decided that opposites attract and, perhaps they are right, but like things oft like to be with other things like them. Two dark things have more in common than a dark thing and a light thing. Reaper and I are two creatures of darkness. Reaper himself is the embodiment of Death and I....often considered myself a agent of Death. I have not told you yet, what I do for a living. Just given vague hints or roundabout answers. But I am an assassin and have been for a very long time. You can see now why it would seem Reaper and I have a better understanding of one another, why we do get along so well. I do not judge Reaper harshly for his actions as some others might. Because Death is a part of my life, in more ways than one." He offered Zach a small smile at that last, hoping to ease some sort of positive reaction out of him. But he wasn't quite finished with his explanation yet.

"That may not have sounded very reassuring but remember how I said darkness cannot exist without light? I have been an assassin and a vampire for so long than I forgot what it was to be light. There was very little joy or happiness in my life, just death and shadows and darkness. And then a met you. And there was something...I cannot explain it but in you I found the light I had been missing. Javaid once commented I smile more now that you're around. I think...." He paused as a new idea took form in his head. It was something he'd thought about, a fantasy really, but maybe it was possible to actually accomplish. He glanced at Reaper with a softly questioning look before turning back to Zach. "You say Reaper should not exist but I say he should. He must for a couple of different reasons...but perhaps there is a way if you would both be willing...." He trailed off again, somehow he doubted the pair would accept his idea without a fuss. But if they were one, if they were whole, Nowe was sure that the resulting effect would be what the Angel of Death was meant to be, what he had the potential of being all along if not for the split in his consciousness. Was it possible to get them to agree to...being...how to phrase it...blended? Merged into one being, one consciousness?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:22 am

Both halves of the Angel were quiet for a moment longer, one looking steadily up at the canopy, while the other watched the water on the shore. The tree they'd made the promise to Nowe at wasn't far from where they were settled, and eventually the innocent half's gaze trailed to it. He smiled faintly at it for a bit until his name was called, and his eyes flicked back to the man to listen to what he had to say. The look in Reaper's eyes said he understood as he watched the Vampire move over to the other, and his lips twitched as he fought a smile at the soft sound of surprise that came from his other self. Zach's eyes widened slightly and he instinctively leaned into his love's embrace, closing his eyes at the squeeze. The other loved him. That was enough to calm him slightly, and he slowly uncurled from the ball he'd been before, listening to what he had to say. The darker half listened as well, though he tried to make it seem like he wasn't.

When he was questioned, the boyish half opened his eyes to peer at the man, his eyes extremely bright as he tried not to cry. "We have...other halves so that we are complete..." Though the man's question was likely rhetorical, he answered all the same, his voice quiet. That was the point Nowe had been trying to make; Reaper completed him somehow, but it didn't quite make sense to him. After all, he had his twin brother, who was purity and light himself. Brio was Zach's -true- counterpart. So why was his violent half created at all...? Of course, both sides were intent on him when he spoke next, and while he spoke, the two sides had very different reactions. The innocent half's response was to widen his eyes and tilt his head, looking slightly confused for a moment before he slowly nodded. The violent half raised an eyebrow, and after a moment he sent his love a thought; We are going to have to talk about your profession later, Nowe.

There was no malice or anger in the other's mind-tone, merely a faint hint of curiosity. Zach's attention was drawn back to the man when he continued on, and at the mention of the other smiling more often, he slowly smiled faintly as well. When he trailed off, the two sides cast glances at each other before looking back at him, the innocent half tilting his head a bit as Nowe finally continued. A small frown budded on his lips at the other's insistence that Reaper exist, and he decided to ask about it. "Why do you say he should...? Why must he exist, other than to be some sort of...additional balance to me?" Reaper was the one who caught the man trailing off once more and frowned slightly in questioning, leaning forward a bit. "If we were willing to do what?" He asked, his wings flicking behind him as he waited for the answer to his question.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:28 am

At least Zach seemed to have gotten the point Nowe was trying to make about Reaper completing him. Though perhaps not what it meant as a whole. He was grasping only part of the concept Nowe had pieced together for himself. "Ja." Was his quiet response to Zach's words for the time being. Their reactions to his announcement about his profession, however, was worth telling them together. Now he didn't need to explain it twice and he got to see both their reactions at the same time. He had to admit, they were much as he expected from them, though he did shift to glance at Reaper. Then talk we shall. But later would be best. He agreed, taking the momentary concentration it required to share his thoughts with Reaper. He wasn't 100% sure the Angel would 'hear' him but it was possible through the bond they shared, though it was possible that Zach would hear it too since he wasn't quite sure how that telepathy thing worked with them both right there. He could address that later, however, and instead merely focused back on Zach.

Of course, they both had to pick a different subject to ask about and he wasn't sure how to answer either of them. He looked to Zach first, giving Reaper a 'I'll answer you in a moment' gesture. "It...is hard to explain. Most of what I have to say is just guesswork, theories and not actual fact. But I think that Reaper was created because you tried to hard to suppress what was meant to be dark about you. He is what Death -could- be, not what Death is meant to be. Without him, without his darkness, you do not truly have what it is to be Death. You don't want to hurt people, you don't want to kill, but Death is just that. It hurts and it kills. But Reaper lacks what it truly means to be Death too. Without you Death is just pain and anger." He paused and frowned as he tried to find the words to explain the jumbled mess that was what he had managed to figure out about Zach and Reaper. "You balance each other. Reaper is the desire and will to do what needs to be done and you are the knowledge of when to use your powers and when not. Without your influence, Reaper was free to hurt and maim and destroy because he didn't have your conscience to tell him no." Here he glanced at Reaper. "Without your strength and will to do what needed to be done to protect himself and others, to be what he was meant to be, became the...meat-puppet you so like to call him." He made a face at the term to show them both his feelings on the nickname and shook his head.

"And that brings me to Reaper's question. Separately, you are both not at your full strength. But together.....you could be so much more than what you are now. I think, if you were willing to try, if you became one....soul, one consciousness, you could be....what you were meant to be. You could realize your full potential." Plus there was the added bonus that Nowe wouldn't have to deal with the pair of them as separate entities. There'd just be one for him to worry about. And, if it worked the way he thought it would, he'd be the perfect bland of personality to match Nowe. And, if Nowe was honest with himself, he was far more interested in how this blending would affect him and less with Zach (or would he be called Reaper then?) realizing their full potnetial as the Angel of Death. Vampires, as a general rule, were more often than not, very self serving. If it didn't benefit them in some way, they didn't much care about it. And Nowe was, first and foremost, a vampire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:30 pm

It would seem that luck would be on Nowe's side today, for once. Not only did the Death Angel hear the thought that was sent back to him, but Zach didn't seem to hear it at all. Or if he had, he was pretending he hadn't very well. Reaper nodded, leaning back on his hands as he looked between the other two, listening to what the Vampire had to say with another nod. He had a point, but what did the innocent side have to say about that? Zach had been listening intently up until a certain point, then he frowned slightly and looked down. Yes, they balanced each other somehow and the more he tried to explain to them, the more it seemed to confuse the kinder half. At least at first.

At his suggestion, however, both sides stared wide-eyed for what seemed like forever, neither of them willing to speak to break the silence. "But... How would that... How could that even work?" Reaper asked, frowning.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:13 am

Silence. Nowe wasn't sure if it was a good or bad silence and he refused to really look that closely at either Zach or Reaper to see what they were thinking. Instead, he just stayed where he was, gaze diverted to the water, idly taking stock of the various aches and pains that were alternating between being painful and being all but unnoticeable. They were healing, at least, and that was good. He'd still be sore come morning but that was only because he'd been an idiot to allow himself to get to the point where he could be injured this badly.

When Reaper did finally speak up, Nowe turned his gaze to him and considered the question. How did they go about melding into one? "That I do not know. I'm not even sure it's possible. If it is, however, it's not something I can help you with." He glanced from one to the other. "If it's going to happen it's something that you two will have to figure out on your own. I can only do so much." Here he waved a hand as if to shoo a bothersome insect. "But all that aside are we content not to try and kill each other anymore? Or do I have to knock some sense into the pair of you first?" He questioned, focusing more on Zach than on Reaper as he spoke and offering him a slight smile. "If we're done with the violent part of the evening I would very much like to curl up with my two favorite men and just enjoy the rest of the night." If Zach was going to be insistent on arguing with Reaper or not wanting him around...Nowe was going to be annoyed and probably leave them to bicker all they wanted. He was going to go curl up somewhere and sleep, with or without them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:23 am

The pair listened to him once again in near silence, and though it didn't seem like either half was at all interested in the idea, they were. Zach shifted his position a bit to be able to eye Reaper, whom was busy peering right back at the kinder half. "It... Is something to consider, I guess..." The innocent half finally said, casting his green gaze to the water. The Death Angel snorted a bit and shook his head, not out of refusal but more out of a way to clear his mind. "Whatever... Let's not talk about it now. And I wasn't trying to kill him, thank you very much." Here his gaze flickered to Nowe, and a sort of half-pout claimed his features. He was actually the innocent one for the first time tonight, thanks. He hadn't initialized any of that fight, but was trying to keep himself from getting wounded too badly.

It would have been hard to miss the way the two had responded to the 'curling up' comment, however. Zach's face split into a bright smile, while Reaper's took on a much more subtle affectionate smirk. Casting long glances at each other, and after what seemed like too long of a pause they both nodded, as if coming to a silence truce. For now. The innocent side claimed one side of the Vampire and nuzzled up to him, while the violent half crawled closer to claim the other side, curling up against him but being careful not to injure the man. It seemed as if they would behave for the time being, and let the assassin enjoy his time with his Angels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Dive Right In - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dive Right In
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Requiem :: Suburbs :: Homes-
Jump to: