Dark Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:29 am
Information
» Rules
» Humans
» Werewolves
» Shifters
» Dragons
» Vampires
» Fae
Cbox
Latest topics
» Irish Eyes
Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 Emptyby Kythen Lyaer Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:07 pm

» The End of the Beginning
Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 Emptyby Nowe Veleno Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 am

» Cowboy Casanova v2.0
Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 Emptyby Kythen Lyaer Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 pm

» Dive Right In
Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 Emptyby Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:23 am

» Hide In Plain Sight...
Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 Emptyby Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Hide In Plain Sight...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Reaper sniffed at the batter again until Nowe turned back towards him, looking from the bowl to the man and back again. "Spiced...apple?" His walls were down enough that he was allowing the other to see that he was capable of being curious. "I've never had those kind before." He leaned over the batter bowl, almost as if he was contemplating sticking his finger in it to taste it, when the other spoke up. That comment about other things being good on them instead of syrup made him frown thoughtfully, and he carefully kept his gaze away from the Vampire. "Never had it like that before either." Make himself useful...Right. The Fae glanced at the table and snorted at it, clearly debating on crossing his arms and flat out telling him no. But it really wouldn't kill him to at least try helping a little. Grumbling under his breath, he moved over to where the bacon was and poked at it a few times, flipping it over when he deemed it was needed. See that? He was capable of being nice when he made the conscious effort to do so.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

Full Name : Nowe Zavier Veleno
Race : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Nowe paused in tending the pancakes only long enough to give Reaper a curious look. "I can make plain pancakes if you'd prefer. I guess I wasn't thinking when I decided on a different flavor. I should have asked if you'd want them first." He glance was apologetic and he was half tempted to just start a new batch of pancake batter right then. But who knew, maybe Reaper would like to try something different. "Honey is good on pancakes if done right. You should try it some time." He wouldn't make Reaper try anything he didn't want. And he did actually feel bad about not asking if Reaper wanted spiced apple pancakes, though he was trying to seem unconcerned about it. "Do you want eggs too? I can cook some up if you want. Otherwise it'll just be pancakes and bacon." There see? At least he was trying. He smiled a little when Reaper reluctantly joined him by the stove to tend the bacon and moved to grab a couple plates to set the pancakes on when they were done. Should Reaper decide he wanted eggs, Nowe would start those when the pancakes were done. They didn't take long to make, after all, and he wanted Reaper to enjoy the meal for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:16 am

The curiosity peaked and eventually Reaper couldn't help himself. Making sure not to stick his finger in the actual batter, he swipped along the side, pulling the batter-covered digit out to inspect it. Without waiting for the other to protest, he stuck it in his mouth, sucking thoughtfully for a moment before going still. That...was... "...They seem to be edible. It's fine. Don't worry about it." He responded, going back to tending the bacon and trying very hard to hide the small smile that had claimed his face. He liked the way the batter tasted, and if it tasted like that when it wasn't even cooked... Flipping the bacon, he only turned slightly at the offer on eggs, and he looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding. "Sure. Do you know how to make them in the pan?" He asked a bit hesitantly, then scowled when he realized how stupid that sounded. "I mean cracked them open in the pan and scrambling them as they cook there." That was how he'd always eaten them before, but it wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't. He shrugged a little and moved the bacon off to a plate when they were done, moving to set the table off his own accord.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:58 pm

Nowe didn't protest when Reaper decided to taste the batter. He merely watched in mild curiosity to see what the Fae's reaction was. 'They seem edible.' Was not exactly what Nowe wanted to hear and he frowned a bit, half-tempted to scrap the entire batch of pancakes and just make plain ones instead. But that was a waste of good pancakes and so he merely gave what he hoped was a nonchalant shrug and went back to tending the ones he had cooking. "If you're...sure they're okay...." He trailed off, not really sure what to say to that and merely focused on the task with his thoughts hidden behind a blank, emotionless mask. Though he had to wonder why Reaper would try and be that nice if he really didn't like the pancakes. Was it because he just didn't want to wait for a fresh batch or some other reason? He didn't know and he felt bad. Mostly because he hadn't bothered to ask first and now he thought Reaper was forcing himself to eat something he didn't like.

At least the mention of eggs had distracted them both from the pancakes for a moment and Nowe gave Reaper a sort of 'are you really asking that?' look at his initial question. When Reaper elaborated he gave a small huff. "Reaper, I am almost 600 years old. I've cooked eggs just about every way you can possibly think of. I think I can manage." His tone was light, however, and almost teasing as he poured the last of the pancake batter on to cook and pulled out a pan for the eggs. Thankfully, the pancakes and eggs finished about the same time and he moved the eggs off the burner and the last of the pancakes joined their fellows on a plate. He pulled out the honey and syrup (in case Reaper wanted it) and grabbed his plate off the table. He hesitated a moment before glancing at Reaper. "Would you like me to fix you a plate as well? Or would you rather do it yourself?" Better to give him the option than just leave him thinking he had to do it himself or expecting Nowe to do it and Nowe having no intention of doing so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 2:50 am

Though he was busy setting the table, he was paying close attention to Nowe from the corner of his eye. The shrug was given a blink, and frowned a bit at the tone in the man's voice. "They're really good, but that's just the batter. I wanna try the coo-" Realizing a bit late he'd let on exactly how much he liked the pancakes, he quickly shut his mouth, finishing up on setting the table and sighing. That food was a weakness of sorts it seems, but he'd be damned if he let on exactly how much he was dying to taste the cooked ones. Finishing up the table and watching the Vampire bring his plate over to the food, the Fae tilted his head ever so slightly. The comment about the eggs earned a wrinkled nose, though he had to look away again to hide the tiny smile curving the corner of his lip. "Yeah, yeah. Had to make sure though. It's a huge task, and I wouldn't want you to struggle with it." Yes, he was teasing back though he wasn't about to admit it. He snagged his plate off the table and looked at it thoughtfully for a moment. He may as well...

Reaper sighed, holding his plate out to the other and trying not to look right at him. "You could make one for me if you wanted." Which was the Fae's way of saying 'please make me a plate', not that he'd actually ask right-out.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Nowe didn't turn as Reaper spoke up, instead he focused on trying to keep his feelings hidden. "You could have just said that from the start...." And now he sounded more hurt than he had before. Over pancakes. It was a really stupid reason to have hurt feelings and he mentally scolded himself for letting Reaper get to him like that. Just because he cared about the guy and cared what he thought didn't mean he had to get hurt feelings over something as silly as pancakes. Muttering quietly to himself, Nowe chose to ignore any further comments about the pancakes and just cook the blasted things. He gave a half-hearted glare at Reaper's teasing and threatened him with the spatula. "Keep that up and you'll be making your own breakfast for the next week." He threatened, though he was merely continuing the teasing and it would be obvious by the smile tugging at the corners of his mouth if Reaper chose to look at him.

The....request, as much as it could be considered such, was given half a second's thought before Nowe accepted the plate being held out to him. He'd almost told Reaper no, just for the hell of it, but he had offered. He made up both plates and added the honey to his own pancakes and glanced over his shoulder, intent on asking Reaper if he wanted honey or syrup before deciding against it. Reaper had asked Nowe to make his plate, he'd get the pancakes the way Nowe usually made them. If he wanted to complain he should have done it himself. So there. Consider it a small revenge for making him think you didn't like the pancakes. "If you want anything to drink you can get it yourself. There's juice in the fridge." If Reaper wanted something other than juice or water he'd be out of luck. Nowe didn't keep milk in the house very often, it went bad too fast, and he simply didn't drink soda. Though if it turned out Zach did he'd start buying some to keep for the Fae.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Reaper blinked at the man's tone of voice, canting his head ever so slightly as he waited. He hadn't...? Damnit. The Fallen sighed, rubbing his face when he realized he'd hurt the other's feelings on accident for the second time in such a short span of time. Lovely. And then he was back to teasing him, though the boy's crimson eyes lingered on the other thoughtfully. How was he going to fix it this time? "You'd really make me cook my own food? I can't cook though." He even went so far as to fake pout, and he looked away before the other could see his eye twitch just a bit. He wasn't meant to do this whole...'cute' act. This was Zach's thing. But how else was he going to make up for hurting the man's feelings? After a moment he took the Angel's plate, and he leaned forward to watch Nowe prepare the pancakes. He inhaled, eyes brightening a bit at the scent. "Those smell really good..." The Fae said quietly, almost as if he hadn't realized he spoken aloud. A tiny, almost undetectable smile curved his lips as he followed the other, almost like a lost puppy for a moment.

"Drink?" That certainly brought him back to reality. Right. He nodded a bit, wandering over to the fridge and pulling out the pitcher of juice, setting it out on the table and going back to grab cups for them and settled down where his plate had been set. He spared the Vampire a glance before grabbing his fork and his knife to cut into his pancakes. An eyebrow was raised at the honey and he peered at his bite thoughtfully before popping it in his mouth. Holding very still for a moment, he didn't chew and he merely stared down at his plate. That...was... His eyes brightened a considerable amount and he only had eyes for the pancakes. "These...are...amazing..." After he swallowed he began to shovel them into his mouth as if he hadn't eaten for days. Good job, Nowe.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Nowe gave a sniff at Reaper's words. "As long as you didn't burn down my house, yes, I would." And who knew, maybe he'd even do it for a day just to prove he could. He bit down on an offer to teach Reaper to cook. Maybe he'd make that offer later, but right now it just didn't seem like the right time. He tried to ignore the fact Reaper was all but hovering over his shoulder as he prepared the plates. Instead, he tried to hide a smile at the quiet comment and set the Fae's plate on the table as he went to get juice. When Reaper grabbed two glasses for juice he gave him a curious look but took one of the glasses and poured himself juice. "Thank you." He said, settling down to enjoy his breakfast.

He more or less ignored Reaper as he started in on his eggs and bacon, at least until he heard Reaper speak up. He glanced up, looking surprised, but the Fae wasn't paying any attention to him. He couldn't hide the smile that touched his features as he watched the Fallen for a moment before returning to his own breakfast. "There's still a couple more pancakes on the plate if you want more." He told him, glad that Reaper was enjoying breakfast despite it's somewhat rocky start.

Once they were both finished eating, Nowe felt much more refreshed and ready to start the day. He debated starting the dishes but decided that they could wait and instead just placed his empty plate and cup in the sink and turned to face the Fallen. "We've more or less got the entire day to do as we please. Since I decided on breakfast without asking you first, I figure it's only fair you get to pick whatever we do next. Unless you don't care in which case I have some suggestions if you'd like to hear them." He said, watching the Fae curiously. Well? What do you say Reaper. What now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:25 am

He didn't pay much attention to Nowe as he wolfed down his pancakes, a nearly blissed out look on his face. It was like old times again...Only better, because those 'cakes were out of this world. The Fallen occasionally made a content noise as he ate, only pulling back when he'd finished what he had and sighing. They were gone now... Reaper stared at the spot where they'd been sadly for all of a second until the other spoke up, making him blink and look over. More? He made a motion as if to get up to get the other pancakes when he paused, plopping down in his chair again. He'd forgotten there was other food on his plate besides the food of the gods. The boy poked at his eggs and bacon thoughtfully, considering just not eating them in favor of the remaining hotcakes, but that would probably annoy the Vampire. And despite everything in him that wanted to badly piss him off, today was not one of those days. Not when he'd gone through the trouble of making a good breakfast for him.

Downing the rest of his breakfast, he pulled the other pancakes onto his plate and finished them much more slowly than the first ones. When he was done he sat back, folding his hands behind his head and stretching contently. He was prepared to just be lazy and sit there for a while but Nowe spoke up, and the Fallen tilted his head to show he acknowledged that he was speaking. Hm... Reaper tilted his head more, thinking about things in his mind before shrugging and looking at his plate. "I got nothing. What did you wanna do?" He asked, turning curious crimson eyes on the man. As long as there was no funny business, he would be down for almost anything. Almost.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:34 pm

He hadn't really expected Reaper to ask his opinion. He'd expected the Fae to just come up with something or tell him he didn't want to do anything at all. But to ask what he wanted to do was....well, Nowe hadn't really thought about what he'd do if Reaper had asked him. "Well, I, I don't know. We never really discussed things you like to do. There's movies in the living room if you're interested. Or we could go for a walk or a jog in the park. Or we could just go for a walk around town. I could show you the best places for lunch and the like, if you ever wanted to go out or whatever.." He didn't know what Reaper might decide and he gave a small shrug. "Or we could have a bit of a re-match. I told Zach we could work out together. He felt he was getting a bit soft around the middle. If you feel the same I extend the same offer to you." He tried to make the suggestions sound as innocent as possible. Just two friends spending an afternoon doing stuff.

He thought for a moment, giving Reaper a brief opportunity to answer before speaking again. "Whatever you decide I would like to talk to you. About last night I mean." He didn't meet Reaper's gaze when he said it, feeling rather ashamed that he'd let himself get so wrapped up in the moment he'd forgotten his promise to Reaper. But thus far Reaper hadn't left so perhaps that was a good sign? He didn't want to bring up the dream but if Reaper mentioned it then he would talk. Until then he wanted to think on what had happened and sort a few things out on his own before bringing the subject up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:46 am

The Fallen was more or less patient as he waited for Nowe to start suggesting things for them to do. He stood, stretching a bit before gathering his dishes to set them in the sink. A hand flitted to his stomach as he realized that for the first time in a long time, he was completely...full. Sated of both the normal hunger and the blood hunger. He wasn't quite sure how to feel about it, but he did admit it felt nice. A content smirk curved the corner of his mouth and he gave a quiet sigh, only glancing Nowe's way when he spoke up again. He tilted his head once more, listening to him and resisting the urge to snort at a few of the things. He didn't really feel like sitting still, so the movies were automatically thrown out. The jog was tempting, and the re-match certainly made him perk up more. But he didn't exactly want to get in another situation where they might end up wrestling again. Though he was mostly okay being in the same room with the Vampire, he was loathe to get up-close and personal with him so soon after the last time. "A jog sounds good. We could always walk around town after that." Plus, if he got the lay of the lands, he would know of places to run to if he needed to get away from the man. Which was good. Very good.

He was good for a while and was busy studying the kitchen when the other spoke up, and the moment he did, Reaper stiffened. Lovely... "Yeah?" He managed, his throat tight as he looked anywhere but at the Vampire. The Fallen opened his mouth a few times and closed it, trying to find a way to say something that wouldn't hurt the man's feelings again, but get his point across that what had happened wasn't okay. It scared him on more than one level, and he didn't know what to think of how he'd felt when it had happened. Best to leave Nowe to the talking and answer only when he needed to.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:24 am

Jogging was a good choice. Nowe enjoyed jogging, especially when he had someone to jog with. "A jog it is then. If you'd like to change do so now. I'm going to put some fresh clothes on and then we'll go." He said, glad Reaper didn't have much to say to his insistence that they talk about the night before. He knew it would be an uncomfortable conversation but it was one they needed to have sooner or later. And since Reaper was here and Zach was not, it seemed as good a time as any to bring it up.

He changed quickly, putting on clean clothes since he'd slept in his clothes from the day before and they smelled like blood and like Javaid and he really didn't want to have those two scents invading his mind while he was trying to talk to Reaper. Facing his reflection in the mirror, he took a deep breath and went out to face the Fae. "The park isn't far. We can walk there from here." He said when he stepped back into the living room and headed for the door. He let Corisandra slip out past his feet to go hunt and waited for Reaper to follow him out before closing the door. He walked in silence for a time, letting Reaper speak should he desire to, before tentatively bringing up the subject he really didn't want to talk about. "I...wanted to apologize for last night. I forgot myself in the heat of the moment and did something I shouldn't have. Something I had promised I wouldn't. I do not often break my promises but there is something about you....about Zach too, that I cannot quite place but it has me all messed up inside. I know you must be angry with me and I wholly expected to find you gone when I returned last night." There. That wasn't so bad. Now if only the conversation would remain that easy. "I'm glad you stayed but I cannot help but wonder why. I certainly would not have blamed you for leaving all things considered." He stopped again and glanced at Reaper as they walked, wondering what was going through the Fae's head. "But, even if what happened last night should never have happened....it would be a lie to say I did not want it to happen again. I will understand, however, if.....if you do not. I am quite used to people I desire finding me....undesirable. But it is better that I know now how you feel ja? Perhaps it would save us some awkwardness in the future." He was sure that wasn't the case but it seemed better to word things that way than to outright say he was used to lusting after straight men.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:50 am

Reaper only nodded to what Nowe said and watched him leave to get clean clothing, waiting until the man was in his room before slipping into the guest room. He pulled on clothing he deemed suitable for running and sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. This was going to be awkward on so many different levels. He really didn't want to go through that, and was half tempted to just bolt and try to out-run the man. The Fallen was finished dressing and out in the living room first it seemed, and he looked around before peering at the feline staring intently at him. A level stare was given right back to the pet when the other finally stepped out of his room, and he nodded slightly in response. "Cool. You first." Stepping out behind the Vampire, he stretched and yawned a bit, still content from the breakfast he'd had. As they started walking, he chose not to say much, only occasionally commenting on things that would catch his attention before lapsing back into silence. When would he bring up the subject of doom? Ah... Right then, apparently.

He went deathly silent as he listened to what the man had to say, nodding every once in a while to show he was listening for the most part. Crimson eyes flickered to the man when he mentioned that he and the meat puppet were special in some way to him, and he shut his eyes tightly for a moment. Him? Something to someone enough that it affected them enough to alter their normal behavior...? The Fae wasn't sure what all to say at that moment, so he continued to be silent, up until the other mentioned expecting him to be gone. "Did you want me to leave?" He finally said, interupting the other before falling silent to listen to him again, blinking slightly when he explained that he was glad he'd stayed. Oh. Reaper nodded a bit, deciding to keep quiet up until the other was completely finished apologizing or whatever it was he was doing. Yes, he was wary of being too close to the man now, but he was somewhat over things. He wasn't as upset as he'd been before. Then the Vampire got to the last few things he had to say, and the Angel couldn't help but look away to hide his face as he thought of what'd transpired between them. "I just...don't know." He began, wishing he had his wings to hide behind right at that moment. "As much as I'd like to scream, rage, yell, and run away from you right now... I can't exactly deny that some part of me, a part I don't understand, doesn't exactly completely hate what happened." Rubbing his face a bit, he put on a bit of speed to his gait, avoiding looking at Nowe when possible. "To be completely honest, I'm scared." He stopped speaking, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists when he admitted he was frightened out loud. No use going back on things now...

"I'm scared, and I don't like the idea of letting you close to me." He paused again, staring at the sky before deciding to open his mouth again. "But that part I don't understand welcomes it. ... It's still weird as hell letting you see me like this, I hope you know." Peering back at the Vampire for a second, he sighed, shaking his head. "Look, I don't know about it ever happening again. Let's try to not trigger my urge to kill you and focus on trying to get along like we are now." Another pause, then - "We can...see where things go from there - I thought we were going to jog. Come on, turtle." He threw himself into a fast jog then, though there was a definate sense of him running from something.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 3:06 am

He was scared? Not that Nowe could blame him but Reaper didn't have as much to lose if things didn't sort themselves out soon. Not that Reaper would know that but still. "To be completely honest, so am I." But not because he didn't understand what was going on. He just didn't know what to do about it. that and if things kept on like they were now, with him being so distracted trying to figure out Reaper and Zach, he could lose everything, including the Fallen. There was a lot for him to be afraid of. When Reaper spoke again, he gave him a thoughtful look. "I told you before. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith. To just...let go and hope for the best." He'd already taken his leap of faith and right now he felt a lot like he was free-falling and not knowing if he was going to survive the fall. Right then, he wasn't sure he would. He was almost certain he had leaped to his doom.

Reaper spoke again and he gave the briefest of nods. He knew how Reaper felt. It was a weird feeling knowing that anyone would see him like this. Normally the world saw only a quiet individual, nothing remarkable about him. But after talking to Javaid, it felt like the whole world saw...well...he wasn't sure what they saw but he was sure that anyone that looked at him would notice something. Maybe they wouldn't know it was something different but he felt more noticeable, vulnerable almost. Maybe it wasn't true but he couldn't help but feel it. Not when he knew he was acting differently because of the Fallen. But before he could think of something to say, Reaper had spoken up again and had taken off. He wanted to say something, to ask what he should do. It wasn't as if he knew what would piss Reaper off, after all, and that was the problem. With Zach, he could almost do anything with little consequence, at lest as far as getting Zach mad. But with Reaper it seemed as if everything he did had the potential to upset the Fae. He didn't like not knowing what to do. But he couldn't stand around forever thinking about it, Reaper had already moved away and Nowe fell into a fast jog to catch up to the Fae but remaining behind him a little. He didn't really feel like pushing his luck by trying to run next to the Fae. And he very stubbornly kept his eyes on the path and not on the Fae though he was very tempted to watch him run. But again, he really didn't want to push his luck and was determined to behave himself around Reaper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:34 am

He felt like he was still running from something, but the more the let the air push past him, the more he started to figure something out. Reaper wasn't running from Nowe... He was running from himself. The Fae shut his eyes as he ran, clenching his hands tightly as he ran. Eventually he all but felt the other fall in step behind him, and he slowed slightly, casting a look over his shoulder to check the other's facial expression. He didn't look upset, and he didn't exactly look pissed either... Giving a bit of a sigh, he slowed just a bit more, falling into the same gait as the Vampire. He didn't say anything, but at least he didn't speed up to try and ditch him on purpose. The remainder of the jog was spent with the occasional comment, but they weren't that talkative. It wasn't that uncomfortable for the boy, but he honestly didn't know what else to say. As he ran, his shirt pulled nicely over his chest and back, and he found himself thinking of the offer the other had presented him. His hand ran over his stomach and he poked at it with a small frown, resolving to attempt to ask about it again later.

Unbeknownst to the Fae, a couple was fast approaching the running men from behind, ones footsteps lighter than the other. It didn't take long for the pair of Phoenixes to catch up to them, and Javaid was the one who pulled up next to Nowe while Denaz trotted along next to Reaper. "What the hell?!" Reaper hissed, jerking away from the female when she tried to slip her arm through his. "Aw. You're no fun," She pouted, still jogging easily and waving at the Vampire. "Hello, Nowe~" The male Phoenix shook his head a bit at her, keeping pace with the Assassin and peering at him. "I have information for you. Concerning..." He cast a glance towards the Fallen, who was jogging closer to the man now and seeming unwilling to stray too far from him. The angry, crimson eyes narrowed on the woman and it was made clear in his eyes that if he was touched again, bad things would happen. "Unless now is a bad time?" He asked, sweeping his bangs out of his cool blue eyes. Aigua was cool and level-headed, which might prove handy in this sort of situation. If there was a situation that would arise from any of this, that is.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:04 am

Nowe was surprised when Reaper slowed to jog alongside him but the only indication of it was a brief look of curiosity. He spoke very little, not exactly sure what to say anyway, and that seemed fine with Reaper as well. When they did speak it was to comment on this or that, point out a landmark or whatever. Nothing too interesting. He watched Reaper out of the corner of his eye and raised an eyebrow when the Fae poked his stomach and frowned. He couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking about but didn't bother to ask.

Partly because he'd heard footsteps approaching from behind. And it wasn't the generic tattoo of a fellow' jogger's shoes either. These steps were quicker, filled with purpose. Someone was drawing closer in an attempt to catch up. Moments later, Javaid and Denaz ran up along side them. He cast Javaid a sidelong glance but moved his attention back to Reaper and Denaz when the other two spoke. "Hands off, Denaz. This one's off limits." He told her in lieu of a hello. She'd likely know he meant Reaper wasn't interested in women by the comment but, unless Javaid had mentioned Nowe's interest in the Fae, that was hopefully all she'd get from the comment. When Javaid spoke up Nowe flashed him a glare that clearly said he needed to shut his mouth right then or bad things would happen. "If the information is concerning that special project I asked you to work on yes, it is a bad time." He hissed back, clearly unhappy that Javaid would just show up and start talking like that when there was someone else around. "Javaid, Denaz this is Zach. Zach, Javaid and Denaz." He said, introducing the two Phoenixes to the Fallen, though he shot Reaper a glance that silently asked him not to be upset and that he'd explain later.

"There's a little stand that sells water just around the bend here. We can stop a moment and talk." He suggested, knowing it would be difficult to get rid of Javaid until the Phoenix had given his report. Though how to get Reaper at a safe enough distance to be able to discuss things without him overhearing he had no idea. But he was sure they'd figure something out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:32 am

Javaid peered at Nowe when the other glared at him, only blinking his blue gaze steady on the other. Okay, so maybe it might be a bad timing, but he didn't really deserve any of that hostility. Reaper, on the other hand, was steadily getting more pissed as the woman inched closer to him. His murderous gaze got more volatile as they met the crystal-turquoise eyes of the Phoenix, and she only flashed him a sweet smile before peering at the Vampire. "Off limits? That's a shame. He's quite the darling." Her voice dropped to a croon as she regarded the Fallen, clasping her hands behind her back and flashing the other Fae her own long look when he spoke so frankly. "Neither the time nor the place, Jav-Kun." Her eyes cut to the Angel before settling back on the Master Assassin, and she canted her head ever so slightly. "Zach. It's a pleasure to meet you." He only jerked his head in a nod, and gave the man he was familiar with a long look before nodding again. Fine, he won't fly off the handles because of it. If only because, technically, that was his name. "Nice to meet you too." He managed to say, quieting his voice and looking away after he'd said it, as if he was being shy. When he really needed to, he wasn't half bad at pretending to be Zach. And this certainly seemed like the time.

The male Phoenix peered at the Angel for a moment before smiling, inclinging his head in the typical Japanese greeting. "Ohayo, Tenshi-san. It's nice to meet you." His gaze quickly returned to Nowe, leaving Reaper to look between the two of them, a thoughtful frown tugging the corner of his lips. How did those two know each other? Almost as soon as the thought entered his mind, he snorted and shook his head. It was none of his business. He needed to stop thinking about it. At the man's suggestion, he nodded, jogging ahead of the three of them to give them the space they oh-so-obviously needed. "I'll get you some." He managed to call before leaving Nowe with the Phoenixes, shaking his head at himself. Aigua sighed a little, slowing slightly to gain space between the quickly disappearing Fae and themselves. "There. Now, can I tell you what I've found out?"
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:01 am

The introductions didn't go quite as badly as he'd expected considering he'd expected Reaper to protest being called Zach. But he seemed to have gotten some part of his silent message and accepted it, at least for the moment. He was sure it would be brought up later but that was fine. "Thank you. Here, though, I'll buy." He said, stopping Reaper long enough to hand over enough money for the waters. He felt bad but at least Reaper didn't seem too upset about it. He was sure there would be questions later, though, and he knew he needed to figure out just how much information to share.

But when Javaid started to slow, Nowe shook his head and did the same, moving off the jogging path to a smallish picnic area where they could sit for a moment. "What has gotten into you? Did someone replace your brains with feathers? Never just come up and start chatting about delicate information like that understood? Always be discreet. Do not compromise the Brotherhood." Maybe he was over-reacting a little but Javaid really ought to know better. That and he hadn't really wanted to be interrupted when things were going so well. If running and not speaking could be considered going well, that is. At any rate, he was not at all pleased, especially since he'd also been hoping he might not see Javaid for several days after last night. "You should have called first." He added, still frowning at the idea of what he might have to say to Reaper later. But in an effort to make it look like he'd just run into a friend and was catching up on things, he settled onto a bench and motioned for the Fae to join him. "Now tell me what you found but it better be important." So help him if it wasn't important information.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Reaper paused long enough to accept the money from Nowe before jogging off, Denaz peering after him appreciatively before turning to the Vampire. "He's cute. I do approve." Not that the male Phoenix was paying any attention to her. His eyes were only for Nowe at the moment, and he raised an eyebrow at the man. "Nowe, when did I say anything at all about the information I had? You assumed it was delicate information, which says to anyone else who was around that what I had to share was anything but innocent. By 'information', I could have meant many other things. Perhaps you had requested I get you information on something you wanted to buy, or maybe you were going to throw a party." Aigua shrugged, following the other and shaking his head at the idea of a phone call. "I tried. None of my calls went through." The female Phoenix rolled her eyes at the nearly monotone voice of the other and sighed, following them both at a slightly slower pace. "But yes, it is information you expected. I will keep an eye on the Angel while you two speak. It's not safe for him to be on his own." The Fae frowned at her as she jogged off to catch up to the other and sighed, turning back to the one he was bonded to and peering at him evenly.

"This is very important, I assure you. The Angels are back out of hiding, and there are two that seem to be looking for something." He paused, as if considering his next words, before carrying on. "They were headed in this general direction last I saw them a few days ago, but they don't look happy. Two males, one looks a bit insane." He sat next to the man and peered up at the sky as if watching the clouds, frowning. "We think they might be looking for your Angel, and the others have made a temporary home for themselves in the next city over." Knowing that the man wasn't happy with him as it is, he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I apologize for just showing up during your time with him, but I deemed this an urgent enough matter that you needed to hear about it as soon as possible."
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:10 pm

"Approve of what? I said he was off limits. Not that he was mine." Not that denying it would help much. Javaid had probably mentioned something. Maybe not the full story but enough for Denaz to figure out enough of the pieces to put them together. But it was Javaid who held most of his attention as he spoke up. "Be that as it may you could still have approached the subject differently. How does it look when someone just jogs up and starts talking about information they've got? It would seem fishy were I an outside observer." But the Phoenix was right. He hadn't helped the situation much by reacting the way he had. Apparently he wasn't over being a touch more...emotional about things. Not that he expected the problem to go away over night but the sooner he was back to normal the better. "None of..." Nowe paused and checked his pocket, cursing silently when he realized he didn't have his phone on him. It wouldn't have done much good to call when he couldn't answer. He was still busy wondering why he hadn't thought to grab his phone when Denaz spoke up and moved off after Reaper. He stared hard at her retreating back and turned that stare on Javaid, knowing the male would explain what Denaz did not.

What Javaid had to tell him did not make him happy. The last thing he'd wanted to hear was that the angels were back. He immediately looked to where Reaper and Denaz had gone and told himself he couldn't just go rushing after them. "So they're back. And it sounds as if it's Pyre and Shade that are looking for Zach." He wouldn't be surprised if they were also looking for him. He had gotten in the way, after all. "They're probably on the lookout for me as well. I did give them reason to hate me, after all. And they may suspect that if they find me they'll find their missing Angel." He could take care of himself but he'd have to find some way to make sure Zach didn't go very far by himself. Reaper....he could forewarn Reaper, see what the Fallen wanted him to do. He could hunt them, find their hideout and destroy them. But from what he understood, it was really only a handful of them, and Pyre and Shade in particular, that he needed to worry about. The others were more or less innocent in things. He waved off the apology as his mind raced and shook his head. "You were right. And I shouldn't have gotten angry with you. But you know better than anyone how things are right now." He forced himself to stop staring at the path and glanced at Javaid. "Do you think I should tell him? He doesn't even know I've been looking into his family. I never had much of a chance to tell him anything." He questioned, not sure why he was asking Javaid's advice but since Javaid was there he seemed as good a person as any to ask.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:27 am

"You didn't bring your phone with you, did you?" The male asked with a lightly amused look, then shook his head a bit as the conversation got serious once more. "Yes, they're back. With a vengeance, it seems. Do you want me to continue tracking them and lead a false trail if they get too close?" He wasn't above doing that, and if it kept them safe, he would gladly do it without pause. Looking back up at the sky, he furrowed his brow slightly in his way of showing distaste for the idea of Nowe being hunted down as well. But it would be wrong to just give the Angel back to the rest of that group, not only because it would forfeit his life but it would crush the Vampire in the process. Which didn't bode well for Aigua in the slightest, though he peered at the man as he gave a form of 'it's okay' in response to his apology. He nodded a bit, clasping his hands together and leaning back against the seat. They sat quietly for a moment while the other two were still getting water and the man finally spoke up; advice had never really been this particular personality's forte, so when he met the gaze of the other, he would be able to watch the blue shade of his eyes fade to a light lavendar color, his gaze softening a bit. Esperit, Espi for short, was the most compassionate of the personalities, and he canted his head a bit as he thought over the man's question.

"I think you should tell him, but not everything all at once." Espi murmured, casting his kind glance towards the direction where Reaper and Denaz had gone. "Little bits at a time. Maybe not tell him you've been looking into his family, but more like you've been keeping tabs on where they were so you could prepare in case they decided to attack?" Not like that was much better, but at least it would be easier to explain and it more or less was what Nowe was having him do. The Phoenix sighed and shook his head a bit, trying to think of anything that might help. "Whatever you do, you need to be gentle about it. Not sugarcoating anything, but don't be blunt," He nodded to the Fallen as he and the female Phoenix began to make their way back, and he smiled a little. "It doesn't look like he has a long fuse at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:51 am

Nowe gave the Phoenix a 'what was your first clue' sort of look and shook his head. "No, I did not bring my phone with me." He tried to sound casual, as if he'd intentionally left it home instead of having forgotten it, but he probably failed. And Javaid would know he was lying anyway because he never just left his phone. Of course, he'd never simply forgotten it before either. Lost it or broken it yes, but not outright forgot to bring it somewhere. But there was a first time for everything. "Yes. I doubt it will work for long but I need more time. I don't know enough yet to try and take them on by myself. If they find us, it may be one of those rare occasions that I might need you." He didn't like to admit he couldn't take on the Fae on his own but he was not about to pretend to be that capable when he wasn't.

He wasn't really paying attention to the color of the Fae's eyes but when he finally spoke up it was to confirm what Nowe had thought he'd say. He needed to talk to Reaper. "Where do I even start? How does one bring up such a subject?" He questioned, watching Reaper and Denaz approach with a frown. He had no idea what to do with Reaper even when things weren't so complicated. How the hell was he supposed to figure this one out? "He's still not entirely happy with me after last night. I'm not surprised he's on edge. Plus he's not comfortable around strangers." He said, though he smoothed his features from a concerned frown into a casual look and turned back to Javaid. "Thank you for stopping by to give me that information. Keep me updated, I want to know immediately if anything changes." Before he could really think about what he was doing and talk himself out of it, he leaned in and gave Javaid a brief kiss on the cheek. "If we all survive this remind me to reward you somehow. You know you don't have to do this for me" He settled back with a sigh. Javaid didn't have to do any of what he'd asked but Nowe would be lying if he said he didn't appreciate it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 12:32 am

That he would be needed made Espi smile faintly, and he shook his head a bit. The man knew that he wouldn't hesitate to stand at his side if he was needed, and all he really needed to do was call for him. Curious lavendar eyes flickered to the Angel-Fae as he slowed his pace, watching him narrow his eyes on Denaz. "Denaz." He called, a somewhat sterness to his tone. The female Phoenix huffed a bit and crossed her arms, almost pouting as she took a step away from the Fallen. "She will never learn." He sighed, shaking his head and focusing his attention back on Nowe. "Well... Start by letting him know that you were only concerned about his well being. Maybe get him to let down some of the...walls he so obviously has and try to get into more serious subjects?" Tilting his head a bit, he lifted his hand to allow a hummingbird to perch on his finger, and he smiled a little at it before peering at the man. A moment of silence passed as he listened to what he had to say, nodding at the proper times and stroking the hummingbird's back with the pinkie of his free hand. "Sounds quite tricky, and it's natural to be wary of strangers. Give him time and broach the subject slowly. Give him the benefit of the doubt - sometimes all someone really needs is to be shown that we have faith in them."

At Nowe's request, he nodded, his lavender colored eyes brightening a touch at the kiss. "I swear on my existence that if anything changes, you will be the first to know." Unfortunately, the Fallen was close enough at that point to see the brief peck and his steps faltered a bit, a frown immediately claiming his lips. Why did...? Before the man was finished speaking, Esperit was already shaking his head. No, he didn't have to do it, but... "I want to. I enjoy being useful to you." He replied, casting an easy going smile as Reaper and Denaz finally made it back to them. The Angel yanked two water bottles back from the female and glared, handing one of them out to know and tossing the other one at Javaid's chest. "Here. And tell her that the next time she pulls anything out of my hands, that she loses one of hers." There was a look to his eye that he was likely not aware of as he looked at Nowe; it was crossed between irritation, hurt, and...jealousy. Opting not to be any closer to the birds than he had to, he scuttled to the other side of the Vampire and leveled heavy glares at the other two before going back to ignoring them both, lip curled slightly in distasted. Jerks.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:08 am

When Javaid scolded Denaz, Nowe leveled a stern glare at her as well. "She had better start learning. My patience with her is growing thin." He wouldn't hurt Denaz....at least not too badly, but he did find her quite irritating. Her disregard for following orders was not a trait he liked in anyone, much less someone who worked for him. He turned back to the other, listening to his advice and briefly wondering if he was speaking from experience or just giving advice Nowe should probably have known already. After all, approaching a target carefully was something any Assassin knew how to do. This couldn't be too much different than that right? He doubted it but in his long experience it was the closest thing he had. He didn't reply, merely fell into a thoughtful silence as the others finally made their way over.

Nowe accepted the water with a nod of thanks though anything he might have said was cut off by Reaper's words and he turned on Denaz instead. "Keep it up and he will not be the one removing hands, Denaz. I told you he was off limits. I thought you had more respect for me than that." He told her, his tone cold and harsh. He did not like the idea of Denaz bothering Reaper and he was going to make that point very clear as he stood and leaned in close, as if he was giving her a quick good-bye peck on the cheek. "He is mine and I will not have you harassing him, understood?" He questioned, speaking quietly enough that Reaper wouldn't hear before moving away again and nodding to both Phoenixes. "Thank you again, Javaid. Be sure to keep me posted." He nodded to them both again and glanced at Reaper, not quite sure what to say but he motioned for him to follow. "We're finished talking business now. Shall we continue our run or would you rather head home?" He would far prefer to head for home but he figured he'd give Reaper the choice. They could talk in either place, home was just safer to do so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:23 am

Denaz held up her hands in protest, frowning at the tone that Nowe was using. "I didn't mean anything by it. He dropped them the first time, so I picked them up. His fingertips were barely on the bottles." She fell quiet afterwards when Javaid flashed her a warning look, and he stood, casting a glance at the Angel-Fae. "It's alright. You don't need to shy away from us." He smiled a little, not minding the fact that Reaper refused to look back at him. The female Phoenix frowned a bit and only just barely managed to avoid widening her eyes at his words, giving a silent nod at his demand more or less. "Yes. I understand." She didn't bother looking at the boy again and avoided peering at the Vampire as much as possible. "You're welcome, Nowe. Take care." He gave a two-finger salute before wrapping an arm around the other Phoenix's waist, hurrying her along to try and give the other two space.

The Fallen looked away when they left, his lip still faintly curled as he waited until their voices were gone. Opening his bottled water, he took a swig from it and peered at the man when he spoke to him. He got up from his kneeled position and nodded a bit, walking over to him but keeping just out of reach for the time being. "Home. We can run some other time." He turned to be able to angle himself towards the way they'd come, looking a bit tired and still irritated. "That was a pain." He finally said, glaring at the ground. "I was about ready to deck her a good one. And..." Trailing off, he huffed at himself, shaking his head sharply. Why should it bother him if Nowe kissed some other person? It's not like he liked him like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hide In Plain Sight...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Requiem :: Coast :: Niobe's Point-
Jump to: